Law Centre NI's community care hub has launched a list of free training sessions to help support staff get ready for new deprivation of liberty changes to the law. In advance of the partial commencement of the Mental Capacity Act(NI), Deprivation of Liberty, the training has been developed to inform and assist support staff around the new legal settings.
'Deprivation of Liberty in Health and Social Care – The Essentials' will cover 4 key areas:
- Key indicators in understanding deprivation of liberty;
- Steps to take to safeguard against deprivation of liberty;
- Circumstances when a deprivation of liberty can be permitted; and
- Steps required to authorise a deprivation of liberty.
There will be a series of short open access session on:
- Wednesday 27th November – 11am – 1pm
- Wednesday 11th December – 11am – 1pm
If you are interested in accessing this training please contact Louise Togneri, Training Manager for further information at 028 9024 4401 or email@example.com