We work to promote and enhance employment rights and developments in law, policy and practice.
Our employment policy work focuses on:
- Employment rights of agency workers.
- Protection of ‘casual’ workers.
- Migrant workers’ rights, especially those who are at risk of exploitation.
- Trafficking and enforced labour.
- Improvements and streamlining in the system for dealing with employment disputes.
We work closely with governmental and non-governmental partners in the area of employment rights.
We work with organisations including:
- The Department of Justice’s NGO Engagement Group on Human Trafficking.
- The Employment Lawyers Group.
- The Northern Ireland Strategic Migration Partnership.
- The Anti-Trafficking Monitoring Group.
In our resource library, you will find our policy team’s publications on social security, immigration and employment law.
- Legal Information Briefings which provide a guide for the advice network, policy makers and legislators on the issues we are working on.
- Consultation responses where we respond to consultation requests from government and non-governmental organisations on topics related to our work.
- An archive of our past publications.