We work to promote and enhance employment rights and developments in law, policy and practice.
Our employment policy work focuses on:
- employment rights of agency workers
- protection of ‘casual’ workers
- migrant workers’ rights, especially those who are at risk of exploitation
- trafficking and enforced labour
- improvements and streamlining in the system for dealing with employment disputes.
We work closely with governmental and non-governmental partners in the area of employment rights.
We work with organisations including:
- The Department of Justice’s NGO Engagement Group on Human Trafficking
- The Employment Lawyers Group
- The NI Strategic Migration Partnership
- The Anti-Trafficking Monitoring Group
In our resource library, you will find our policy team’s publications on social security, immigration and employment law.
- Legal Information Briefings which provide a guide for the advice network, policy makers and legislators on the issues we are working on.
- Consultation responses, where we respond to consultation requests from government and non-governmental organisations on topics related to our work.
- An archive of our past publications.