Our policy work focuses on protecting and promoting human rights of migrants, asylum seekers and refugees.
Our particular policy priorities include:
- preventing destitution
- access to public services for migrants, refugees and asylum seekers
- the right to work
- trafficking and exploitation
- a refugee integration strategy for Northern Ireland
- North-South immigration matters.
We work closely with governmental and non-governmental partners on immigration rights.
We work with organisations, including the Refugee and Asylum Forum, to ensure our policy work is informed by direct experience.
As the Northern Ireland member of the Anti-Trafficking Monitoring Group, we seek to influence immigration policy at a UK-wide level.
We are also a member of the Strategic Migration Partnership’s Immigration Sub-Group and we convene the North-South Immigration Forum.
A few examples of our policy team's work on immigration
Syrian Vulnerable Person Resettlement Scheme
Our policy team works closely with our legal team in helping the resettlement of Syrian refugees in Northern Ireland.
In our resource library, you will find our policy team’s publications on social security, immigration and employment law.
- Legal Information Briefings which provide a guide for the advice network, policy makers and legislators on the issues we are working on.
- Consultation responses, where we respond to consultation requests from government and non-governmental organisations on topics related to our work.
- An archive of our past publications.