This course is the ideal starter for those who are working with clients impacted by the changes to the social security benefits system; for those who wish to obtain a basic knowledge of UC to enable them to signpost and support their clients in an informed way as they attempt to navigate a complex and changing system.
For flexibility and ease of access we have developed this as a primarily online course. Once registered you can complete the self-directed learning at your convenience, with tutor support just a click away. It should take 4-6 hours to complete though you can revisit sections as often as you need to. We will then offer a webinar for those who wish to ask questions.
By the end of this course you will;
- Understand what Universal Credit is, and who can make a claim for it
- Understand how Universal Credit interacts with the benefits it replaces
- Be able to explain how to make a claim for Universal Credit
- Understand how entitlement to Universal Credit is composed
- Understand how work-focused requirements and sanctions apply in Universal Credit
- £45 discounted rate for voluntary sector agencies and Law Centre NI Members
- £55 standard rate
To sign up, please contact Louisa McKee at firstname.lastname@example.org